The Spikes Asia Advertising Festival, the regional awards and festival for creative excellence in advertising and communications, is pleased to announce the winners of the 2011 awards who were announced and honoured at the Awards Ceremony taking place in Singapore last night. Eight juries have been working in Singapore to choose 271 worthy winners from an initial 3647 entries. There were a total of 12 winners in the Direct Category, 25 in Promo & Activation, 43 in Media and 31 in Digital. 25 trophies were given in the Design category, 17 in Outdoor and 25 in Film. In the Craft category there were 23 awards presented for Film Craft and 16 in the Print & Poster Craft category. 17 winners were awarded in Print, 7 in Integrated and 12 in the Radio category. The two new categories saw 8 winners in PR and 10 in Mobile.
Grand Prix Awards
- Outdoor Grand Prix: JWT Shanghai, China, ‘Heaven & Hell’, Samsonite
- Print Grand Pri: JWT Shanghai, China, ‘Heaven & Hell’, Samsonite
- Print & Poster Craft Grand Prix: JWT Shanghai, China, ‘Heaven & Hell’, Samsonite
- Media Grand Prix: Creativeland Asia, Mumbai, India, ‘3D Experience’, Audi India
- Promo & Activation Grand Prix: Clemenger BBDO Melbourne, Australia, ‘Break Up’, National Australia Bank
- PR Grand Prix: Clemenger BBDO Melbourne, Australia, ‘Break Up’, National Australia Bank
- Design Grand Prix: Creative Juice\Bangkok (TBWA), Thailand, ‘Tamiya Calendar’, Siam Tamiya
- Radio Grand Prix: Lowe Singapore, ‘Awesome Light’, ‘Chase’, ‘Look at me, Dad!’, Samroc Paint and Hardware
- Digital Grand Prix: Colenso BBDO Auckland, New Zealand, ‘Doggelganger’, Mars, Pedigree Adoption Drive
No Grands Prix were awarded in the Direct, Film, Mobile, Film Craft and Integrated categories.
- Scope See the Person, Leo Burnett Melbourne, The Pound, Australia
- Times of India Belle de Jour, JWT Mumbai, DRP India, Mumbai, India.
- DB Export Beer The Untold Story, Colenso BBDO, Revolver, New Zealand
- Saridon Hammer, BBDO Guerrero/Proximity Philippines, Revolver studios, The Philippines
- Ta Chong Bank Dream Ranger, Ogilvy & Mather Taiwan, Phenomena, Bangkok
- TAC Ripple Effect, Grey Melbourne, Exit Films, Australia
- UNICEF Kids/Family/Kitchen, Lowe Indonesia, Square Box Cinetech, Indonesia
- Lub D Hostel – Yuck (Giant), Fuk, Yaai (Grandma), Creative Spike, Chacree Rujiviphat, Thailand
- Google Earth, Space Trip with Google Earh, Air Skydiving, Streetview Road Race, Hakuhodo Tokyo, AOI Advertising Promotion, Japan
- Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne Toast Men, Dentsu Tokyo, Dentsu Creative X, Japan
- Selleys 3 in 1, BWM, Goodoil Films, Australia
- Cinemanila International Film Festival, Sementeryo, TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno, Filmex, The Philippines
- Melbourne Writers Festival, Writers Block, JWT Melbourne, Plush Films, Australia
- NZ Lotteries Lotto Lucky Dog, DDB Group New Zealand, The Sweet Shop, New Zealand
- Sky Television, 60 Things in 60 Seconds, DDB Group New Zealand, Thick as Thieves, New Zealand
- Thai Life Insurance, Silence of Love, Ogilvy & Mather Thailand, Phenomena, Thailand
- Big Cinema, Silent National Anthem, Mudra, Chrome Pictures, India
- Kidzcare-M Autism Awareness, Umar, Lowe & Partners, PRS Films, Malaysia
- Sri Lanka Eye Donation Society, Pass It On When You’re Done With It, Leo Burnett Solutions, 24 Frames, Sri Lanka
- Dear Japan Project, Dear Japan, From Phuket, Hakuhodo Kettle, Tokyo, AOI Advertising Promotion, Japan
- NTT Docomo Xylophone, Drill, Engine Plus, Japan
- Levi Strauss Curve ID Jeans, Rear View Girls, Colenso BBDO, Flying Fish, New Zealand
- Zenith Co Sour/Mirror, Party, AOI Advertising Promotion, Japan
- Mastercard Rugby World Cup Witnessing History (South Africa, Samoa, New Zealand), McCann Erickson, Prodigy Films, Australia
- Adidas/NZRU, Give Your All (Papier Mache, Wool Black), Whybin\TBWA, New Zealand.
Agency and Advertiser Awards
DDB were presented with the Network of the Year trophy with BBDO coming second followed by JWT in third. Ogilvy & Mather Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur were honoured with the Agency of the Year. Runners up were DDB Group Singapore coming in second place and Mudra Communications, Mumbai in third. The inaugural Independent Agency of the Year was awarded to Creativeland Asia, Mumbai with Taiyo Kikaku, Tokyo in second and AOI Advertising Promotion, Tokyo in third. The Media Agency of the Year trophy was awarded to Dentsu, Tokyo with JWT Beijing taking second place and in third, Ogilvy Beijing.
Samsonite were presented with the prestigious Advertiser of the Year trophy in honour of their robust investment in advertising which has resulted in their strong international brand presence. Ramesh Tainwala, President of Samsonite Asia-Pacific and Middle East, was on stage to collect the award.
Also announced at the awards were the winners of the Young Creative Competitions. Korea took the gold medal in the Young Creatives Media Competition whilst the team from Japan took gold in the Young Creatives Integrated Competition.