Campaign, the UK advertising/marketing magazine, has launched a news and community mobile app to support its presence at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, in France from 19-25 June 2011. Available for the Apple iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry, the Campaign@Cannes app serves as an interactive, real-time pocket guide to essential events and information at the Cannes Lions event and all the usual interesting things (and some of the unusual stuff!) that will be happening around the event. Campaign@Cannes can be down loaded from the Apple app store or from Propeller Mobile.
The Campaign at Cannes app was designed and developed by Propeller Mobile, the mobile unit of London-based communications company Propeller Group. The app is based on Propeller Mobile’s proprietary “white label” event app platform: a ready-made solution that can be customised and adapted to support almost any large-scale industry conference, exhibition or festival. This platform provides an additional revenue stream for event organisers, exhibitors and partners through sponsorship, affiliate and m-commerce that reaches professional people on the move. Campaign@Cannes is sponsored by global communications company Innocean Worldwide.
Specifically the app provides users with:
- Latest news about Cannes from Campaign (including all the Lions award winners)
- Photos and videos uploaded from the event
- Campaign’s exclusive and popular Lists have been brought to mobile in the form of tips on where to eat and drink, what to do, who to see and where to be seen
- Community message feature so attendees can find out who’s there and who wants to meet
- Interactive Google map, showing key locations and with ‘take me home’ route planner (for execs who get ‘lost’ in the bars!)
- Full schedule of all seminars (which can personalised by the user into their own calendar) and speaker detail
- Social media sharing capabilities, including Twitter and Facebook
- Speakers’ notes and biographies