The Sunday Times Rich List 2009 comes out today, Sunday April 26, in the UK. This year the UK’s mega-rich have seen their fortunes halved by the financial meltdown with more than $200 billion wiped off their bank accounts. The advertising campaign, promoting the 112 page magazine, takes the form of Sale ads featuring some of the countries wealthiest people, placing on sale oligarchs, rock aristocracy and tycoons.
The Sunday Times Rich List 2009 includes
- The 100 richest women and 100 richest youngsters aged 30 and under
- The 100 wealthiest people in Scotland, plus the top 250 in Ireland
- The richest music millionaires, hedge fund managers, hoteliers, authors and hairdressers
- The wealthiest football players and club owners
- The 50 millionaires who have donated most to charity
The Rich List is now online at The Times Online.
The Rich List campaign was developed at CHI & Partners, London, by art director Dave Masterman, copywriter Ed Edwards, creative director Micky Tudor and designer Dan Beckett.