AWARD Results for 2008
The Australasian Writers and Art Directors Association has announced the winners of this year’s AWARD awards, available on today’s site of the day, www.awardonline.com. The two big winning creative works celebrated at last night’s presentation evening were MTV’s Snoop Coming to Australia and the Schweppes Burst campaign.
A sell-out crowd of 800 guests celebrated the most outstanding creative work in the Asia Pacific region on November 27th at the Overseas Passenger Terminal in Sydney. The show opened with an amusing piece that poked fun at the industry, produced by Revolver and The Editors before MC Peter Berner took the stage to present this year’s awards. We’ll try and track that down…
10 Gold winners were awarded, with the overall number of winners tallying 206, 13 less than 2007 even though there were 620 more entries across the region. Multiple Gold winners were; Lowe and Rivet Sydney for Welcome Snoop, Leo Burnett Advertising Sdn Bhd for Tan Hong Ming and Exit Films for Schweppes Burst.
AWARD Network of the Year went to the BBDO Network, AWARD Agency of The Year went to Lowe and Rivet Sydney and MTV Networks Australia was proclaimed AWARD Client of The Year.
The winner of the Encouragement Award, recognising those who have demonstrated an outstanding ability to answer briefs with a freshness of thought and creativity, went to Brett Colliver from DDB New Zealand.
Winner numbers went up by 19 for Australia (2008: 104 winners, 2007: 85 winners), New Zealand received 19 less than last year (2008: 45 winners, 2007: 64 winners) and Asia went down by 13 (2008: 57 winners, 2007: 70 winners).
The Gold winners
- Leo Burnett Advertising Sdn Bhd – Tan Hong Ming – Television & Cinema – Community service & charity, individual – any length
- Leo Burnett Advertising Sdn Bhd – Tan Hong Ming – Craft in Television & Cinema – Casting
- Exit Films – Schweppes Burst – Craft in Television & Cinema – Direction Design
- Exit Films – Schweppes Burst – Craft in Television & Cinema – Cinematography
- TBWA\China – Adidas Olympics – Print – Consumer Magazines, campaign – black and white or colour (20cm x 3 cols or larger)
- TBWA\China – Adidas Olympic, Hu Jia – Print Craft – Art direction
- Publicis Mojo Auckland – Speight’s Great Beer Delivery – Integrated campaign
- Lowe and Rivet Sydney – Welcome Snoop – Integrated campaign
- Lowe and Rivet Sydney – Welcome Snoop – Direct Marketing – Direct Response Advertising, campaign
- Leo Burnett India – Luxor Pop up Interactive – Banner ad (including expanders, sequential, synchronised)