Beyondblue Men do get depressed
Beyondblue, an Australian not-for-profit organisation addressing depression, anxiety and related substance misuse disorders, has launched a PSA highlighting the reality of depression for men. Posted here as part of the Movember campaign…
Click on the image below to play the video in YouTube (HD)
Download the Depression in Men TV advert in MPG format
Beyondblue is a bipartisan initiative of the Australian, state and territory governments with a key goal of raising community awareness about depression and reducing stigma associated with the illness. Beyondblue’s five priorities:
- Increasing community awareness of depression, anxiety and related substance misuse disorders and addressing associated stigma.
- Providing people living with depression and their carers with information on the illness and effective treatment options and promoting their needs and experiences with policy makers and healthcare service providers.
- Developing depression prevention and early intervention programs.
- Improving training and support for GPs and other healthcare professionals on depression.
- Initiating and supporting depression-related research.