Beyondblue Men do get depressed
Beyondblue, an Australian not-for-profit organisation addressing depression, anxiety and related substance misuse disorders, has launched a PSA highlighting the reality of depression for men. Posted here as part of the Movember campaign…
Click on the image below to play the video in YouTube
Beyondblue is a bipartisan initiative of the Australian, state and territory governments with a key goal of raising community awareness about depression and reducing stigma associated with the illness. Beyondblue’s five priorities:
- Increasing community awareness of depression, anxiety and related substance misuse disorders and addressing associated stigma.
- Providing people living with depression and their carers with information on the illness and effective treatment options and promoting their needs and experiences with policy makers and healthcare service providers.
- Developing depression prevention and early intervention programs.
- Improving training and support for GPs and other healthcare professionals on depression.
- Initiating and supporting depression-related research.