Apple iPhone Film Stars say Hello
Apple launched the first TV ad for the iPhone during the Academy Awards, with a montage of ‘hello’ moments from movies. The 30 second ad begins in black and white with a phone shot from Alfred Hitchcock’s 1954 movie, “Dial M For Murder”. Lucille Ball answers a ringing rotary telephone, “Hello”. Characters from 31 movies and TV shows take it in turn to answer the phone and say “Hello”. The spot finishes with an iPhone featuring the name of John Appleseed, and the two phrases, “Hello” and “Coming in June”.
Click on the image below to play the video.
I’ve started the list of actors and their characters here. Leave your comments to help fill out the list…
1. Lucille Ball – I Love Lucy Show 1956-64
2. Jackie Gleason – The Honeymooners 1955-56
3. Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade in The Maltese Falcon
4. Marlon Brando
5. Jerry Lewis in The Bellboy, 1960
6. Marilyn Monroe in Some Like It Hot, 1959
7. Clark Gable in It Happened One Night, 1934
8. Peter Sellers in The Pink Panther, 1963
9. Steve McQueen in The Getaway, 1972
10. Richard Dreyfuss – American Grafitti, 1973
11. Burt Reynolds in Boogie Nights, 1997
12. Bea Benaderet as Betty Rubble in The Flintstones 1959-66
13. Robert Redford in Three Days of the Condor 1975
14. Michael J. Fox in Back To The Future 1985
15. Harrison Ford as Dr Richard Kimble in The Fugitive, 1993
16. John Cusack Rob Gordon in High Fidelity, 2000
17. Audrey Tautou as Amelie, 2001
18. Kevin Spacey – L.A. Confidential, 1997
19. William H. Macy in Fargo, 1996
20. Dustin Hoffman, Meet The Fockers, 2004
21. Will Ferrell in The Anchorman, 2004
22. Sarah Jessica Parker, Sex and the City
23. Jeff Bridges – The Big Lebowski, 1998
24. Billy Crystal, When Harry Met Sally, 1989
25. Cameron Diaz in Charlie’s Angels, 2000
26. Samuel L. Jackson in Shaft, 2000
27. John Travolta – Face Off, 1997
28. Robert De Niro, City By The Sea, 2002
29. Ben Stiller as Derek in Zoolander, 2001
30. Michael Douglas, The American President, 1995
31. Craig Nelson as Bob Parr, Mr Incredible in The Incredibles, 2004
The Apple iPhone Hello commercial was developed at TBWA\Media Arts Lab by chief creative officer Lee Clow, executive creative director Duncan Milner, creative director Eric Grunbaum, art director Alain Briere, executive agency producer Cheryl Childers, agency producer Anne Oburgh.
Sound was mixed by John Boland at Play with producer Pam Doyle.
Inside Your Head
The music in the spot is “Inside Your Head”, performed by Eberg, Instant Karma Records.
Download the whole track at iTunes: Eberg Inside Your Head – Voff Voff